Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hand Stitching for the Week

Five weeks ago I joined with Kathy, from Kathy's Quilts, to blog about hand stitching. You know, it's all about slowing down our lives and enjoying the quiet time while we slowly make progress. It doesn't matter what kind of hand work you do, you just need to do some.

So my hand stitching for the week consisted of mostly hand quilting, my favorite thing. I was able to quilt 11 more print units, that's a total of 16 our of 56. I also quilted 2 background units, only 40 more of those to go. This is one of the yellow ones from this week.


 I didn't do much in the way of hexagons except to make one flower (3/4" hex's) and basted one 1" hex. It will be interesting to see what next week brings.


Enjoy your hand work.

5 comments:

  1. Great job on the hand quilting...every slow stitch counts! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like excellent progress. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slowing down sounds good! I didn't do any hand stitching this week at all -- other things, but not hand stitching! I'm going with Option 2 on the Pastel log cabin, so I've been cutting logs for the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Mam, everyday at 3:30 is hand quilting time (at least that is my goal). This week I am more into packing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At 3:30, have pencil and paper at your side so you can make lists while you are quilting! Pack after supper!
      :-)

      Delete